Posts: 57
Threads: 10
Joined: Jul 2014
Mormo Zine Wrote:Here's a question: Social Distortion recently did a show on cable television. Does this make them punk rock sellouts?
I'm not familiar with the band since, but I think it's more about the circumstances of doing something as apposed to what you do that makes one a sellout. If a punk band compromises its' message in exchange for money or other benefits then they've sold out. While most people use the term negatively I personally would respect an artist for selling out provided they do it for something worth while. That's just clever on their part.
[video=youtube;6BD-t2Pl2GE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BD-t2Pl2GE[/video]
I haven't decided what to write in my signature yet.
Posts: 26
Threads: 5
Joined: Jul 2014
Do you know any good punk rock slang words? Please watch the video and comment below!
[video=youtube;Ch-jDjdA4rM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch-jDjdA4rM[/video]
Posts: 3,952
Threads: 645
Joined: Feb 2014
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:as for Punk Rock...
im old school with that stuff...
and IMO real Punk died in 1978/79...
the only modern so-called punk bands who ive heard who are anywhere near the same league as the SexPistols,Clash etc etc are Green Day and Dropkick Murphys.
Definitely agree on the timeline:
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...413AAHKKWS << I think "punk" has gone back to to its prison meaning:
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...413AAHKKWS << Welcome to the 21st Century...
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
Posts: 26
Threads: 5
Joined: Jul 2014
For me punk is very much alive it just happens in dive bars of every major city instead of the popular culture.
There is just an energy at a live punk show that is the most exciting and exhilarating thing I have ever experienced!
Posts: 123
Threads: 1
Joined: Aug 2014
What on earth is your problem if they perform for a TV channel boss ?? Did they play EDM ?? they played their songs .. if they want to make money .. they should. they deserve it.
Posts: 26
Threads: 5
Joined: Jul 2014
Agreed PJ20.
All the so called real punk from '78 is being used in cheesy corporate commercials anyway.
Posts: 26
Threads: 5
Joined: Jul 2014
[video=youtube;if9G__vZHY4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if9G__vZHY4[/video]
Is Monsanto punk rock?
What do you think?