Posts: 29,762
Threads: 8,841
Joined: Aug 2009
enters the Billboard chart this week at #95
haven't had a novelty tune in awhile
at least that's what I thought it was
I don't like it
[video=youtube;_IrQHeDcMi8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IrQHeDcMi8[/video]
Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
another one i posted previously here....
i thought it was "novelty" also, with comparisons to "baha men"....
http://www.music-discussion.com/showthre...bills-quot
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
damn....
i just checked the Australian chart to post and guess what....?
the single has just gone from #5 to #1 here this week
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 29,762
Threads: 8,841
Joined: Aug 2009
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:damn....
i just checked the Australian chart to post and guess what....?
the single has just gone from #5 to #1 here this week
lmao
hope it stays down there
Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
yeh well, hey...
the Stupid Rhianna/Kanye/Macca "fourfive seconds" got to #1 here so we may as well keep the standards "consistant" i guess
Note: i didnt say "consistantly good", i just said 'consistant'...you can read into that whatever you choose to....LOL.
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 29,762
Threads: 8,841
Joined: Aug 2009
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:yeh well, hey...
the Stupid Rhianna/Kanye/Macca "fourfive seconds" got to #1 here so we may as well keep the standards "consistant" i guess
Note: i didnt say "consistantly good", i just said 'consistant'...you can read into that whatever you choose to....LOL.
I'll let jazz do that
Posts: 9,643
Threads: 255
Joined: Jun 2010
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:yeh well, hey...
the Stupid Rhianna/Kanye/Macca "fourfive seconds" got to #1 here so we may as well keep the standards "consistant" i guess
Note: i didnt say "consistantly good", i just said 'consistant'...you can read into that whatever you choose to....LOL.
Anyone see the reaction Kanye got with regards to headlining the Glastonbury festival? 80000 people have signed a petition to stop him performing.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Posts: 3,952
Threads: 645
Joined: Feb 2014
Music Head Wrote:I'll let jazz do that
And he says: This song is a disguised plea to raise the minimum wage to "living wage" standards--say, $15/hour--and index that number to inflation. Well, you did ask. The song itself is pure fluff; they need to be careful about flashing that USPS logo on his sweater--Posties make a better-than-good wage--full package of benefits too, once you get past the part-time part.
"Be careful what you ask for; it just might be totally unexpected."
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
Posts: 9,643
Threads: 255
Joined: Jun 2010
[quote=Music Head]enters the Billboard chart this week at #95
haven't had a novelty tune in awhile
at least that's what I thought it was
I don't like it
I have not listened to the track - not my kind of thing. But I like the name 'LunchMoney Lewis'.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Posts: 29,762
Threads: 8,841
Joined: Aug 2009
Jerome Wrote:I have not listened to the track - not my kind of thing. But I like the name 'LunchMoney Lewis'.
not my thing either
but I really don't get this
how can you say it's not your kind of thing
when you haven't listened to it