Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Starling - Dream Again
#1
[SIZE=2]I've been on the hunt for new music and bands and have just discovered *STARLING*

The debut track 'Dream Again' has laid a solid foundation for the band... I'm highly anticipating the new album.

[video=youtube;gOZvQHz-MaU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOZvQHz-MaU&list=PL4v6mU5BGVQsS3z8Ri2YxYqepC9L4_SF9&index= 1[/video]

Quote:Starling are a four-piece British rock band from London who offer catchy rock riffs blended with a grandeur orchestral sound, are bringing a new shape to the musical landscape. Starling was born in 2008 after friends Dan, Craig, Sol and Vanessa, discovered a shared passion for creating music that doesn't just make you want to move your feet, but also moves your heart. Having toured extensively across the UK playing at venues including London's prestigious O2 Arena and on BBC Radio, the band have already gained a strong fan base who are eagerly awaiting the ground breaking debut single “Dream Again” due to be released in late July which is the title track from the album.


Listen: Dream Again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOZvQHz-...epC9L4_SF9

http://www.starlingband.co.uk
https://www.facebook.com/starlingband
http://instagram.com/starlingband
https://soundcloud.com/starling-band
[/SIZE]
Reply
#2
Thanks for sharing. I hadn't heard of these guys before, but I think this would be a good
walking-on-an-absurdly-cold-winter-night-under-starlight song. Will definitely have to add to my library.
Reply
#3
at first light Wrote:Thanks for sharing. I hadn't heard of these guys before, but I think this would be a good
walking-on-an-absurdly-cold-winter-night-under-starlight song. Will definitely have to add to my library.

Definitely hear what you're saying on the cold winter night walk.

You might want to check out the album Sampler, gives you a great insight on what to expect on the forthcoming album Dream Again (Dropping on the 8th September)

https://soundcloud.com/starling-band/dre...um-sampler

I'm well excited for this one Big Grin
Reply
#4
Sampler sounds great.

Not to make you sad, but according to both the soundcloud page, and their website it's the Dream Again single that is being released on September 8th not the album.

Quote:DREAM AGAIN -SINGLE- OUT SEPTEMBER 8TH
- http://starlingband.co.uk/

Quote:Dream Again - Album Sampler. Debut single 'Dream Again' out on 8th September.
- https://soundcloud.com/starling-band/dre...um-sampler

On the bright side according to the description on their youtube video posting for Dream Again the album will be released at some point in September.

Quote:Starling performing 'Dream Again' (Official Video) taken from the brand new album 'Dream Again' out in Sept 2014.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl...OZvQHz-MaU

They seem to like to publish their stuff on iTunes, but I don't see the album listed their yet.

On a side note, how did you find their youtube video? I can only get to it using the link you provided. If I go to their youtube page it shows them as having no videos posted, and searching doesn't make it show up either.[URL="https://t.co/ApOfW6yWfI"]
[/URL]
I haven't decided what to write in my signature yet.
Reply
#5
A lot of good rock bands out there! Starling would be great live!

Here's a good link for rock bands ...some are familiar and some are not!


http://www.artistdirect.com/music/hard-r...ists/558-2
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#6
SteveO Wrote:A lot of good rock bands out there! Starling would be great live!

Here's a good link for rock bands ...some are familiar and some are not!


http://www.artistdirect.com/music/hard-r...ists/558-2


I agree, i'm definitely going to try and get some tickets once they've released their album and started touring.
Cheers for the link, it contains plenty of great Rock Acts!

This popped up on my youtube, and thought it would be worth a share for those Starling fans.

[video=youtube;10Tcxvj2zMQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10Tcxvj2zMQ[/video]
Reply
#7
Pretty cool. I like. Are these guys signed to a label, or is this just a completely indie project?
Reply
#8
darkhorse91 Wrote:Pretty cool. I like. Are these guys signed to a label, or is this just a completely indie project?

I'm not 100% sure but online it says they're signed to Magpie Recordings. Which is most likely a self contained (DIY) Indie Label.... if any one knows for sure, please enlighten me!

Found this playlist from Daniel James, which is banging! Really like this respectable selection from Mr James;

'Bonobo / Submotion Orchestra / Massive Attack / Squarepusher' are all favourites of mine, so no wonder I'm growing a lot of Love for Starling Big Grin

Listen Here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...lrPnOB0guL

[Image: 9d03ef91c43ef61bbd059116f63d6a1b.jpg]
Reply
#9
They've done an interview with the keyboard player Vanessa as well now, Pretty interesting stuff.

[video=youtube;2n7lRQY77oY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n7lRQY77oY[/video]

Check it
Reply
#10
Dream again by these guys finally came out today.. The wait is over :biggrin:

[video=youtube;gOZvQHz-MaU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOZvQHz-MaU[/video]
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "The Gunner's Dream" Roger Waters' new version Ruby 1 759 22-01-2021, 10:43
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  N EW ALBUM: Dream Theater "distance over time" CRAZY-HORSE 2 1,833 15-03-2019, 02:40
Last Post: SteveO
  Cheap Trick "Dream Police" Pharmcat 0 1,491 17-05-2016, 02:40
Last Post: Pharmcat
  Dream Theater "the astonishing" CRAZY-HORSE 15 6,265 17-02-2016, 15:04
Last Post: Mr.Smolski
  Dream Show yoyoman 12 5,964 10-09-2009, 17:03
Last Post: Rain
  Dream Band Syn 17 7,738 08-07-2009, 01:04
Last Post: bryce

Forum Jump: