Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEW AND NOTABLE: upcoming albums
(20-11-2023, 17:48)Ruby Wrote: Steve Hackett has a new concept album in the works - releasing on 16th Feb 2024. Will be keeping an eye on that and very much hoping it will pass muster! No teasers yet - it's basically autobiographical - The Circus And The Nightwhalehttps://www.loudersound.com/news/steve-h...T6Cj0CKK3s

First teaser track release from this album - I'm going to wait until I hear the whole thing in context before saying much other than I do fear that Mr H has become a tad formulaic. He's been prolific over the past while and seems to be churning things out with surgical precision - constantly on tour too! One gets the sense that Steve Hackett is a product and the machine is in full swing - just pondering all this. Or perhaps there's something in the water!!

I'm not picking up much of a sensitive touch and he's capable of more, IMHO. Aside from that - there are some comments on the clip referring to the use of AI in the video that interest me because I didn't properly understand the difference between the use of CGI and AI, which is subtle, if similar, and of course CGI has been around for yonks. Ultimately though, I won't be watching the video in my car whereas I WILL be listening ... if it gets to the point of purchase, of course. 

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
seems like ol' Jelly Bowl, yep Billy Joel, is set to release his first new material in 30+ years on February 1st
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Oh hell yeah! About time!! I'd have pre-ordered but it seems southernmost Africa is not on the list of countries to ship to. Unsurprisingly. 

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
(23-01-2024, 06:54)CRAZY-HORSE Wrote: seems like ol' Jelly Bowl, yep Billy Joel, is set to release his first new material in 30+ years on February 1st

Wow! Holding thumbs!!
^^
like you said Ruby, about time for MK
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Richard Thompson has a new album due for release on 31st May. Can't believe that seems to be just around the corner!! Tempus fugit. 

The album is titled Ship to Shore - I quite like this - there's something in the strings that reminds me of David Lindley which it can't be, of course. More's the pity. Never really got into Richard Thompson's stuff for some reason. Maybe that will change!

Ok - it's one David Mansfield on the fiddle - fab touch IMHO.  

David Gilmour:

no real info on it but here is the article:  David Gilmour Is Working For His Mysterious New Record (tipotnepal.com)

I wasn't overly enamoured of this duo's previous release, if I remember correctly, but I want to listen to the new one primarily because Andrew Latimer is appearing on five of the tracks. Popping it here so I don't forget! 

https://www.colinbass.com/
(19-03-2024, 13:44)CRAZY-HORSE Wrote: David Gilmour:

no real info on it but here is the article:  David Gilmour Is Working For His Mysterious New Record (tipotnepal.com)

[Image: 220px-DavidGilmour_LuckAndStrange.jpg]

cool album cover

album released in September.

(06-05-2024, 11:58)CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:
(19-03-2024, 13:44)CRAZY-HORSE Wrote: David Gilmour:

[Image: 220px-DavidGilmour_LuckAndStrange.jpg]

cool album cover

album released in September.

I saw a version that is the obverse of that^ ... reminded me of Gordon Giltrap's Perilous Journey, which it looks as though it would be if he lost his balance! Hmmm - maybe there's something philosophical in that! LOL!

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTeqvkktzG_W_eHGjFPqbJ...o4PftD0w&s]

[Image: 220px-Perilous_Journey_%28album%29.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  best albums of 2023 lists: CRAZY-HORSE 6 971 26-12-2023, 07:40
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Underrated Albums & Hidden Gems Ruby 9 703 08-10-2023, 18:59
Last Post: Ruby
  When I say 'relaxing music' what are some of the first albums that come to mind? TraceNspace 19 4,000 07-10-2023, 06:56
Last Post: JeromeD
  What are some STUDIO albums that you can truthfully say that you like all the songs o SteveO 193 23,357 17-08-2023, 03:53
Last Post: James Otto Sweet Heart
  2022 EOY albums charts CRAZY-HORSE 1 957 13-01-2023, 12:36
  UK Albums Charts for 2022 CRAZY-HORSE 51 3,115 31-12-2022, 07:16
  Australian Albums charts for 2022 CRAZY-HORSE 50 3,378 30-12-2022, 07:32
  2022 EOY "best albums" lists: CRAZY-HORSE 15 1,576 23-12-2022, 07:02
  David Gilmour's five favourite albums CRAZY-HORSE 0 344 19-06-2022, 08:05
  Biggest selling albums of 2021 CRAZY-HORSE 1 631 14-01-2022, 22:59