Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When I say 'relaxing music' what are some of the first albums that come to mind?
I love The Royal Treatment album from my late beautiful precious Billy Joe Royal.

God bless you and his family always!!!

Holly

P.S. If only I had discovered him sooner..........
Listen to my most favorite singer here sometime, James Otto that is!
I think of this:
Mono - Hymn to the Immortal Wind 💜
Akira Kosemura - How My Heart Sings
Corinne Bailey Rae - Self titled album
Sade - The Ultimate Collection
Alcest - Shelter, Les Voyages de L'ame
Anathema - We're Here Because We're Here
Nils Frahm - Solo
Olafur Arnalds - For Now I Am Winter

Edit: Added after new listens.
^ Nice picks Oceansoul...especially Alcest and Anathema! In Alcest's case, I love atmospheric ambient metal from time to time...I don't dwell on one genre for long...lol! Too much out there to listen to!

Welcome aboard the Great MD!
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
SteveO Wrote:^ Nice picks Oceansoul...especially Alcest and Anathema! In Alcest's case, I love atmospheric ambient metal from time to time...I don't dwell on one genre for long...lol! Too much out there to listen to!

Welcome aboard the Great MD!

I'm enjoying both of them! Alcest is working out for me right now and Anathema is awesome.

I understand, there's great stuff to be heard elsewhere too. Thanks.
Van Morrison - Inarticulate Speech of the Heart

A very non-typical album from the Van the man, and the only album of his that I have.
I want to add another album of Alcest's that I find relaxing: Les Voyages de L'ame. Listened to it last night before bed.
^^ I never heard of Alcest before, but I just read up about them on Wikipedia. Seems that they are yet another band who started out as heavy metal, but have completely changed direction - much like Anathema or Opeth. Would that be right?
Alcest is Post Metal. I don't think the band was ever a straight metal band. Their first album is called "Souvenirs d'un autre monde" which is pretty much atmospheric ambient metal, not exactly heavy. Their music is like shoegaze with black metal influences. Edit: Actually their later albums do vary from each other like Souvenirs has a colder feeling compared to the later album Les Voyages which has a more summery feeling.

I think Anathema use to be more doom metal oriented, but they have gone in a Post Metal direction. Opeth is progressive now and use to be Death Metal. -shrugs-

Post Metal is a new genre to me so.
Digged on other forum this masterpiece album.

https://susumuyokota.bandcamp.com/album/sakura
Dominic Miller - Vagabond.
Somewhere between right and wrong there is a garden. I will meet you there - Rumi

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Billboard Music Charts For 2024 Music Head 27 1,845 07-05-2024, 19:44
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW AND NOTABLE: upcoming albums Ruby 239 39,556 06-05-2024, 12:39
Last Post: Ruby
  Who is your favorite DJ (music)? sing-a-long 2 389 18-02-2024, 06:13
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  my christmas haul of music CRAZY-HORSE 0 552 29-12-2023, 01:40
  Billboard Music Charts For 2023 Music Head 74 9,780 27-12-2023, 13:10
  best albums of 2023 lists: CRAZY-HORSE 6 970 26-12-2023, 07:40
Smile What year is your favorite in hiphop music? sing-a-long 1 577 17-10-2023, 04:36
  Underrated Albums & Hidden Gems Ruby 9 703 08-10-2023, 18:59
Last Post: Ruby
  Vintage Music Reviews Ruby 2 357 08-10-2023, 16:51
Last Post: Music Head
  What are some STUDIO albums that you can truthfully say that you like all the songs o SteveO 193 23,355 17-08-2023, 03:53
Last Post: James Otto Sweet Heart