Posts: 417
Threads: 183
Joined: Dec 2007
You may have just logged in and thought you were looking at a different site. You're not, I promise.
To try and promote the more popular forums, we have aligned the most popular at the top of the homepage and dropped the least popular category 'Instruments and Lyrics'. The forums still exist, but have been moved as sub forums to 'General Music' rather than an independent category. It is hoped this change will de-clutter the homepage a little making it easier viewing for new visitors.
As usual, feedback and comments are welcome. :nod:
Posts: 5,551
Threads: 146
Joined: Jan 2008
A bit disorientating, but I'm sure it will soon become second nature.
All OK by me...
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"
Unknown
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
Fine with me Techman !
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 2,223
Threads: 359
Joined: Oct 2009
Fine by me!!
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!
It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown..............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
Posts: 1,387
Threads: 58
Joined: Jul 2010
I think it's great
"I said, I found the secret to life, I found the secret to life
I'm okay when everything is not okay, is not okay"
~Tori Amos, Upside Down
Posts: 364
Threads: 12
Joined: Apr 2011
Looks very nice!
"God created man, Sam Colt made them equal."
Posts: 417
Threads: 183
Joined: Dec 2007
SECOND PHASE COMPLETED!
As of today, we have removed the example artists and instead provided a brief and very direct description located beneath the music forums (as seen on the homepage). The aim is to reduce the amount of text, hoping to de-clutter the homepage making it easier and obvious to potential new members. The secondary aim is to try and provide more traffic from the search engines.
Again, your continued feedback is always welcome!
Posts: 29,761
Threads: 8,840
Joined: Aug 2009
techman Wrote:SECOND PHASE COMPLETED!
As of today, we have removed the example artists and instead provided a brief and very direct description located beneath the music forums (as seen on the homepage). The aim is to reduce the amount of text, hoping to de-clutter the homepage making it easier and obvious to potential new members. The secondary aim is to try and provide more traffic from the search engines.
Again, your continued feedback is always welcome!
Yea, who came up with that stupid idea anyway.
What an idiot!