Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Odd moves from Apple Records
AS most people know I keep my finger on the pulse of most things Beatles shaped ....:nod:

However I have notice some odd moves recently at Apple

1. They have put out a digital remaster of The Beatles No1 s
I have seen a copy in a German CD shop ..............seems a little odd beacuse all the tracks they were going to re-master are avalaiable on the original albums plus Past Masters ...........

Now 1962 -66 and 67 70 are big sellers so, one can see that a remaster here is a good marketing ploy but, No1 s sems a little over the top !

2. I have been slowly completing my collection of non Beatle Apple album remasters.............all in their digipak covers as highlighted by Apple..........so, I manage to get to Ass by Badfinger and.........................my copy comes in a jewel case with the appropiate inlays etc...................is it a copy or an unofficial release ? Nop! it is a genuine Apple item ..................how odd !

CoolCoolCool:happy::biggrin:
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown.
.............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
Funny you mentioned Beatles 1 , Gryph. I got the digital remaster for Christmas from the grandkids. Nice packaging also. A total of 27 songs that are all on Beatles 62-66 and 67-70 ! I guess Beatles 1 is the condensed version and it must have a decent demand in the marketplace.

Have you been able to get anything by Mary Hopkin, Billy Preston, Jackie Lomax, John Tavener or James Taylor ...just to name a few ?
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
The Beatles 1 is the only one I have.
"I said, I found the secret to life, I found the secret to life
I'm okay when everything is not okay, is not okay"

~Tori Amos, Upside Down
A good introduction to the Beatles as well as the Red Album (1962-66) and the Blue album (1967-70). In my very humble opinion there is much more to the Beatles in all of their albums besides their "Hits" !

TraceNspace Wrote:The Beatles 1 is the only one I have.
SteveO Wrote:A good introduction to the Beatles as well as the Red Album (1962-66) and the Blue album (1967-70). In my very humble opinion there is much more to the Beatles in all of their albums besides their "Hits" !

another good starting point for The Beatles material is the yet to be released on cd album from 1980/81 called "the beatles ballads"

[Image: 61Ub9gmKLQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

this was actually the first Beatle album i bought(my parents had numerous others from back in the day though which i knew and listened to)

[Image: 51qtNvEV%2B5L._SS400_.jpg]
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

SteveO Wrote:A good introduction to the Beatles as well as the Red Album (1962-66) and the Blue album (1967-70). In my very humble opinion there is much more to the Beatles in all of their albums besides their "Hits" !

I totally agree with you SteveO. The Beatles have so many amazing songs that wouldn't have been considered "hits!" In fact, I enjoy nearly all of their music.
I'm with you, Reggie !!!!!
ReggieT Wrote:I totally agree with you SteveO. The Beatles have so many amazing songs that wouldn't have been considered "hits!" In fact, I enjoy nearly all of their music.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cliff Richard breaks UK chart records....again! CRAZY-HORSE 0 371 06-11-2020, 22:33
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Malaco Records jazzboCR 2 1,092 12-12-2014, 02:54
Last Post: jazzboCR
  Apple cherry - hummie king GabrooGulabWarga 0 558 21-05-2014, 23:06
Last Post: GabrooGulabWarga
  The use of "Autotune " in records Wim1958 16 3,247 08-04-2014, 02:47
Last Post: SteveO
  Rip records new releases Rip_Records 0 712 30-09-2013, 14:10
Last Post: Rip_Records
  Erick M - Don't You Know (Original Mix) [Surbeats Records] ErickM 0 577 22-03-2013, 16:10
Last Post: ErickM
  Spinnin Records Talent Pool americano 1 1,129 31-10-2012, 03:53
Last Post: Jerome
  Fiona Apple coykiesaol 1 716 22-03-2011, 09:09
Last Post: Music Head
  Great Comedy Records gryphon 35 6,435 20-11-2010, 09:45
Last Post: gryphon
  Records Banned From Radio Broadcast Tiggi 5 1,649 20-02-2010, 22:32
Last Post: gryphon