Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best bands from the last few years?!
I was looking at the other thread about today's music being "forgetable" and it seemed fitting to start a thread on what bands or artists people are liking from todays current choices. I guess I'm thinking of artists that have come to light in the last few years....or the last decade.

I'm always looking to buy new music or discover new artists that fit my tastes (which are varied), so if you care to....throw something out there.

I'll start:

The Rolling Stone - my favorite band
You've come to the right place for music information and sharing, Shanyang!

Besides the Stones (great choice) what other artists are you listening to?

Some of my favorite bands/artists over the past decade are ...definitely - ARCADE FIRE ...all of their albums are fabulous

Great Lake Swimmers

Modest Mouse

Opeth (prog rock/metal)

Steven Wilson

and yes Lady Gaga ..a music giant...just wait and see!

the Adele album titled Adele 21 was very popular and very good

Gotye - Making Mirrors album

..start with these ...I'm sure other members can add more to the list...but you don't want a list of over 100 as you may become overwhelmed..and believe me the list will grow each day...lol
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
c'mon nice post but the "stones" as being current ?........i was thinking more like the fab four.......
I'll second Lady Gaga, Adele and Gotye. Not entirely current, but No Doubt. I hear they're coming out with a new album this year too. Evanescence. I like The Civil Wars and Lana Del Rey.
not sure Gaga will have the longevity of Madonna, but yes, Gaga will be around a few more years, adele,big future ahead of her if she doesnt succumb to record company pressures and change her image and style,
Gotye, as much as i love ALL of his albums, i feel the majority of people will tire of his sound pretty quickly...

glad No Doubt will be back soon.

ive said this before and i'll say it again....Beiber will be huge for years to come, pretty sure that as he matures that his music(which i do not like right now) will mature and he will become respected throughout the industry as a serious artist...much like Pink, remeber her first album,single and image...it was crap, now....brilliant IMO!
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Some newer bands I really dig are Against All Will, New York Summer (Though, they really only put out one album before disappearing. Sad ), Zen Rising, Black Country Communion (Might not be fair since its a "Supergroup" of older guys) and CaVo.

Going back to the earlier 2000's for when bands formed/got serious, I really like Alter Bridge (Though, they've been around for a while, sort of, if you count Creed), One Less Reason, Red Wanting Blue, Revis (Put out one album in '03, reformed back in Summer of '09 and intended to put out a new album but it just wasn't in the cards thanks to corporate greed. A couple singles got released from the reunion though.) and Tantric.

Probably forgetting a few. I'll just edit this if I get hit with any lightning bolts.

Also, a bit confused. Is "The Rolling Stone" a band, or is it just a typo for "The Rolling Stones?" I tried to look up "The Rolling Stone" but couldn't find anything regarding a band that wasn't the Stones. =\
What "time frame" do we attach to "new Music" ?......rock is only 60 years old compared to classical and jazz it's a baby!
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Some of my favorite bands/artists that's just starting to hit mainstream or who have in the few past years is gary Clark Jr, Gregory Porter And Black Country Communion
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:not sure Gaga will have the longevity of Madonna, but yes, Gaga will be around a few more years, adele,big future ahead of her if she doesnt succumb to record company pressures and change her image and style,
Gotye, as much as i love ALL of his albums, i feel the majority of people will tire of his sound pretty quickly...

glad No Doubt will be back soon.

ive said this before and i'll say it again....Beiber will be huge for years to come, pretty sure that as he matures that his music(which i do not like right now) will mature and he will become respected throughout the industry as a serious artist...much like Pink, remeber her first album,single and image...it was crap, now....brilliant IMO!

See, as much as I love Pink now and how she's come into her own, I liked her before. It was a bit jarring going from the first album to the second one. I understand she was finally starting to do her own thing, but I started out liking one artist and then in subsequent albums, I feel like she was a different artist entirely.
yes i agree adele has a great future and a lot of talent

hatchetman Wrote:See, as much as I love Pink now and how she's come into her own, I liked her before. It was a bit jarring going from the first album to the second one. I understand she was finally starting to do her own thing, but I started out liking one artist and then in subsequent albums, I feel like she was a different artist entirely.
America is pregnant with promise and anticipation but is murdered by the hand of the inevitable....(Lee Jackson ..The Nice)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Could you recommend some artists and or bands that employ vocals without lyrics ? SteveO 5 1,808 23-05-2022, 08:14
Last Post: JeromeD
  Bands/Artists you just can't stand. carbon_psycho 53 9,302 24-09-2020, 04:04
Last Post: Jerome
  it was fifty years ago today... CRAZY-HORSE 3 930 11-08-2019, 14:24
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  it was 30 years ago today.... CRAZY-HORSE 3 936 30-06-2017, 18:43
Last Post: Music Head
  it was forty years ago today.... CRAZY-HORSE 0 804 21-05-2017, 05:59
  Pink Floyd "the early years" CRAZY-HORSE 0 949 15-02-2017, 00:58
  Anybody feel like joining a band that'll be one of the biggest bands on the planet? zabrak 19 4,039 23-01-2017, 09:46
  Any new post-grunge/90s sounding bands? thanhtb 0 643 10-05-2016, 04:46
Last Post: thanhtb
  Sky Arts TV Series - The Music Years - Needs You! ZnakJonesTV 0 657 13-01-2016, 13:03
Last Post: ZnakJonesTV
  Similiar bands like "The Birthday Massacre" after Hide And Seek? ghostryder333 2 1,157 04-10-2015, 20:44
Last Post: SteveO