Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Where can I find?
#1
Best place to find music.

Where is the best place to find new music? radio as far what i can tune in sux, it seems to be nothing but the trendy indi £"%^& that is all over the place nowadays.

lime yeah i know, but i dont like useing it. too many viruses. torrents i dont know about never sure hwo to set them up, and they always seem to be insanely slow

so, what should i do? go and buy some random compilation cd? make my own? (not the smartest of reccomendations)

thankful for any help

Syn
Reply
#2
www.last.fm

after you've found good stuff: do this
Reply
#3
I hadn't heard of last fm until Iota mentioned it a few weeks ago - use it all the time now (now listening to - Lightning Bolt - -gosh not good, must deselect!)
Reply
#4
There's not one single source. Last.fm is one good one. I also recommend looking for music magazines online and music blogs. That's where you'll find out about new artists and albums/singles. Then go to places to download. It's a gradual process. I've built up a group of websites and blogs I check a few times a week over the years. Whenever a website or blog mentions another I go and check that out.

As for what specific websites and blogs to check you'll have to do some google searches. I mostly look at electronic and experimental sites and I don't think that's what you're into. One pretty general and very popular music website is pitchfork.
Reply
#5
I love Lightning Bolt myself. I use last fm and wikipedia... >_> Don't ask how I use the latter.
[URL="http://www.fictionpress.com/%7Edoriane"]
[/URL]
Reply
#6
Realised after I'd posted that I was listening to Ponytail - not Lightning Bolt - but I thought I wouldn't bother correcting it - after all who would pick this up?

I am under strict instructions from my IT security-minded husband not to use any share sites - so I use www.mp3fiesta.com -which I have convinced him is secure and legal enough (barely). It currently charges about £1 an album or around 10p a track, so I don't mind paying this. I've been using it about 6 months and it's really simple and reliable.
Reply
#7
Lightning Bolt is great live.
Reply
#8
JonG Wrote:Lightning Bolt is great live.

Haha, I can only imagine. I've only seen videos. =/
[URL="http://www.fictionpress.com/%7Edoriane"]
[/URL]
Reply
#9
I use AllMusic at http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg for high quality text reviews.

The site only has sample clips to listen to, but I find the reviews very reliable.
Reply
#10
One good thing i find is to look for band members side projects, or earlier works/groups...http://www.discogs.com has a pretty comprehensive list of who was in what group, etc...another thing is to look for record labels...assuming its a smaller, more specialized or "indie" label, then there will likely be more good, if not smiliar artists on that same label...

if your into electronic music, like me, i tend to play the never-ending remix game tooo...see who remixed whos tunes, find their originals, who remixed them, find their orginals, and so on and so on, ad infinitum...
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird trick to find your car jazzboCR 2 1,873 20-09-2016, 00:48
Last Post: ulimusic
  need help to find singer majeeed 2 1,688 29-04-2016, 13:54
Last Post: bob_32_116
  Help me find out the name of the song (shazam didn't find it) Marek Hussin 0 1,175 19-07-2015, 18:09
Last Post: Marek Hussin
  Find me 4 more different type songs with the same title jazzboCR 0 1,241 12-06-2015, 05:32
Last Post: jazzboCR
  Find me 2 more different takes on a song jazzboCR 0 942 16-05-2015, 03:26
Last Post: jazzboCR
  where to find song lyrics jazzboCR 0 1,114 26-12-2014, 17:21
Last Post: jazzboCR
  Find me a better version of this song... jazzboCR 0 925 28-10-2014, 21:18
Last Post: jazzboCR
  This forum sux..it's hard to find a good music forum these day's.. Arcticbird_Star 52 11,552 25-05-2014, 20:25
Last Post: jazzboCR
  Cant find the artist of this song D: HELP! Ghorkiller 0 946 05-08-2013, 20:25
Last Post: Ghorkiller
  Help to find the fantastic band name ... narxen 0 1,161 01-07-2009, 19:02
Last Post: narxen

Forum Jump: