Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I read the news today, oh boy!
I hear you Crazy and all your points are valid but I just sense a growing unease surfacing in the Nothern Hemisphere, and not just in the UK either. It's happening here as well. Crimes rates are up in the UK and Ireland. And the politicians can deny it all they want but people are getting fed up and they want something done about it. Their own culture is being eroded and they are not going to stand for it. They have had enough of people from other cultures trying to dictate how they should live in their own country while those same people screw the system for benefits. The pot is going to boil over and the shit is going to hit the fan. No avoiding it. Ireland is not as bad as the UK - yet. But it is coming - sure as eggs are eggs. Of course this does not apply to all people coming to the these lands from other countries but lately there is a noticeable shift in the attitudes of the local, indigenous people. They are not going to put up with it.

And as a final note - I am an immigrant to this country. It has afforded me opportunity and a decent standard of living as long as I am someone who contributes to the economy. I would not dream of trying to change the Irish way of life, even if I did not agree with elements of it. A stranger in a strange land and all that. But when some nutjob wants to introduce Sharia law into primary school classrooms it's time to stop the merry-go-round and start looking at what is REALLY going on. I wonder if people even take the time to think about that. The local politicians are going to be very unpleasantly surprised at how naive they have been when the chicken finally comes home to roost.
Somewhere between right and wrong there is a garden. I will meet you there - Rumi
i see that our federal govt has issued a warning for aussies to avoid England if possible.
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Been watching the Olympics over the last week. Quincy Hall's performance in the 400m final must be one of the best comeback performances in history. It's like someone stuck an adrenaline needle in his butt with 60/70 meters to go. He just took off like a rocket. Sensational effort! 11/10!

And Letsile Tebogo from Botswana had his mother's birth date on his running shoes in the 200m final, which he won. She passed away earlier in the year. That's belief for you. Long May You Run...
Somewhere between right and wrong there is a garden. I will meet you there - Rumi
the bad boys of UK rock, Noel and Liam Gallagher, are reforming for 14 UK shows for around 100million pounds (or something like that)..

limited success outside the UK but in their homeland they were selling albums and singles in quantities not seen since The Beatles.
that obviously does not mean they are anywhere near as good as The Fab Four (but in their minds they were LOL), but their sales figures sure allude to the masses that they were pretty close.
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-new...ing-glory/

huge surge in album and singles sales for Oasis this week after the announced their reformation for a UK tour (world tour details to follow)

It was just a matter of time...

For once the streaming platforms are getting screwed after screwing musicians for years but remember no one is actually listening to any of this stuff. It's all 100% fake - the 'music' and the 'fans'. Where is this planet going???

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/fake-musicians...24199.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  unbelievably funny news story... CRAZY-HORSE 2 1,957 24-11-2023, 11:36
Last Post: JeromeD
  Weird News, Stories, Thoughts, ect. InstantNoodles 30 6,706 21-03-2019, 15:57
Last Post: Jerome
  News from Mike Oldfield Jerome 2 2,011 29-10-2017, 13:19
  And in another uplifting news broadcast............... Jerome 0 1,667 05-11-2016, 06:01
  Hey CH - GOOD NEWS Jerome 2 2,296 26-08-2015, 04:42
  News you can use: Turntables jazzboCR 0 1,560 07-06-2015, 22:58
Last Post: jazzboCR
  Feelin' a bit down, a little bluesy today? jazzboCR 1 1,691 17-10-2014, 19:15
Last Post: SteveO
  Feeling a little goofy today... jazzboCR 0 1,683 02-10-2014, 21:33
  and now the bad news: Practice may not make perfect jazzboCR 11 4,596 14-07-2014, 04:37
  screaming hot news about some Dylan recordings jazzboCR 0 1,372 05-07-2014, 18:19