15-02-2025, 19:10
This year marks the 50th anniversary of the release of Supertramp’s Crisis? What Crisis? and today, serendipitously, happens to be John Helliwell’s 80th birthday. Without him, I seriously doubt they would have produced the sounds they did. Amazingly versatile performer and all-round positive guy. And although Rick and Roger fronted the band, Helliwell, Dougie Thompson and Bob Siebenberg were absolutely key to their success, IMHO. A fortuitous confluence - all five of them were astonishingly good musicians and there have since been very few as accomplished as they were, in their heyday, I’d say. Masterful stuff.
It was nearly going to be “Another Man’s Woman” – my song of the week, because I do so love that key change, but given the current state of affairs, or should I say the state of current affairs, I thought “Soapbox Opera” would be more appropriate! The more things change, the more they stay the same!!
It was nearly going to be “Another Man’s Woman” – my song of the week, because I do so love that key change, but given the current state of affairs, or should I say the state of current affairs, I thought “Soapbox Opera” would be more appropriate! The more things change, the more they stay the same!!
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson

