Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Favorite Fusion Group?
#21
I like Caravanserai myself and when it comes to his more commercial stuff - the Zebop album is wonderful. Listen to his solo on 'I Love You Much Too Much' Another one to check out is 'Blues for Salvador' and the track 'Bella' - written for his daughter is one of his best pieces.

here you go - http://youtu.be/r53-tvZZS3I
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
#22
Oh yeah i've heard that one, it's really a great album as well, i especially love the tracks Guru's Song and Oneness
Reply
#23
I love all those tracks especially Blues for Salvador, i rank it right up there with Europa as one of his best instrumentals, if you like those tracks, i can warmly recomend listening to revelations from the Festival allbum
Reply
#24
Soft Machine's "Third"

I don't really like fusion, it just seems like a bunch of keyboard wank to me
Reply
#25
Check out Bitches Brew by Miles Davis !!!!! and Weather Report ...great jazz fusion !

mtthwibrahim Wrote:Soft Machine's "Third"

I don't really like fusion, it just seems like a bunch of keyboard wank to me
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#26
danielkr94 Wrote:I love all those tracks especially Blues for Salvador, i rank it right up there with Europa as one of his best instrumentals, if you like those tracks, i can warmly recomend listening to revelations from the Festival allbum

Never heard this one, so it's something to look forward to. Thx.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
#27
Are Spyro Gyra considered fusion? They're definitely my favorite.
Reply
#28
Road Dog Wrote:Are Spyro Gyra considered fusion? They're definitely my favorite.

no expert, but I think so
had forgotten all about them
good band

Reply
#29
I have all of SG's albums. Only saw them once, at the Indy Jazz Fest 5 or 6 years ago. They recently appeared in Carmel, IN but I didn't find out about it until after the show.
Reply
#30
all I have is

[Image: 220px-Morning_dance.jpg]

but I've heard others

Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Favorite Jazz Pianists and Drummers? Nick Dilley 19 7,905 09-07-2021, 09:10
Last Post: JeromeD
Video Jazz/Rock Fusion? Dissily Mordentroge 0 851 16-10-2019, 10:39
Last Post: Dissily Mordentroge
  Top Electronic Group Marconi Union Expands Their Sound With Horns Eugena 1 1,299 14-09-2016, 13:05
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Explore And Delight In the Avant-Garde World-Fusion Of Guy Buttery Eugena 0 1,195 13-04-2016, 22:29
Last Post: Eugena
  Karimata 1987-1991? Indonesian fusion Otviss 9 4,644 28-03-2016, 12:48
Last Post: Otviss
  My favorite song patrickowen21 0 1,277 15-11-2015, 06:58
Last Post: patrickowen21
  One Could Make The Argument That The Group Anima Makes Perfect New Age Music Eugena 0 1,326 09-09-2015, 12:16
Last Post: Eugena
  New Fusion Supergroup LMD 1 1,467 06-09-2015, 02:52
Last Post: R_burke
  America's premier vocal group jazzboCR 0 1,011 20-04-2015, 00:58
Last Post: jazzboCR
  Smooth Jazz Bassist Mitchell Coleman Jr. Is Taking Funk/Fusion By Storm fuschiaorchid 0 1,009 12-03-2015, 02:15
Last Post: fuschiaorchid

Forum Jump: