10-02-2012, 00:07
Good choice! Then again, I think any of SG's selections would be a good choice.
|
Favorite Fusion Group?
|
|
10-02-2012, 00:07
Good choice! Then again, I think any of SG's selections would be a good choice.
01-03-2012, 22:28
danielkr94 Wrote:I can't think of a favorite group, but i really love the jazz/rock fusion that Santana played during the 70's. Jerome Wrote:Try 'Oneness' by Carlos 'Devadip' Santana. Superb. (I think it's subtiltled 'Silver Dreams - Golden Reality' or something along those lines). danielkr94 Wrote:Oh yeah i've heard that one, it's really a great album as well, i especially love the tracks Guru's Song and Oneness Hopping in late to the discussion but all the above quoted are excellent. I think the song in general "Oneness" is some of his best soloing work, and "Flame-Sky" from Welcome is probably my favorite by the guy in general. Just so beautiful. Have any of you guys ever heard "A Live Supreme?" Its a live bootleg from the '73 Santana + McLaughlin tour. I just found it a couple weeks back, and have to say its probably my favorite live performance ever. Just ridiculous. Aside from my Santana love, I'm just starting to get into the fusion movement. I'm really digging the original Mahavishnu Orchestra, though I find myself liking their earlier, and less funky, stuff. I'm really digging "The Inner Mounting Flame." Also really dig the Davis classic "Bitches Brew." I only point this out not to write an autobiography, but to ask you guys who have much more knowledge on this subject what else you'd think I'd like. Always trying to expand my horizons. Thanks for any help.
06-03-2012, 21:16
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2012, 20:30 by danielkr94.)
I love Flame-Sky it's definitely my favorite piece from the Welcome album, unfortunately i haven't heard A Live Supreme, but after your recomendation i'm going to look it up right away
![]() I have to admit i'm not as big a Jazz/fusion fan as i am a Santana fan, so Jerome is probably the guy who has the most knowledge on the subject. However i just recently discovered that John Mclaughlin started a group in the late 70's called Shatki, where he really got to show of his skills on a acoustic guitar by playing an interesting mix of jazz/fusion and traditional indian music, it might not be your style, but i would definitely recomend checking it out.
08-03-2012, 22:52
danielkr94 Wrote:However i just recently discovered that John Mclaughlin started a group in the late 70's called Shatki, where he really got to show of his skills on a acoustic guitar by playing an interesting mix of jazz/fusion and traditional indian music, it might not be your style, but i would definitely recomend checking it out. Thanks for the suggestion. Looking it up as I type.
27-04-2012, 14:26
you should check out those swedish guys called "dirty loops", they really
play fusion music one a brutally high level! greetings, thierry
27-04-2012, 19:20
Yes Shatki is incredible!!!!
danielkr94 Wrote:I love Flame-Sky it's definitely my favorite piece from the Welcome album, unfortunately i haven't heard A Live Supreme, but after your recomendation i'm going to look it up right away
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
27-04-2012, 22:36
Gotta agree. Looked up Shakti and bought the original album and "A Handful of Beauty." Incredible stuff. When I get the money, at some point I'll pick up their last "Natural Elements." Thanks for the heads up on them.
28-04-2012, 12:12
Billy Cobham is my favorite group.
30-07-2013, 06:21
F. Gambale, S. Clarke, S. Jordan. The new band The Aristocrats, though if they play jazz, it's just a pinch of it
30-07-2013, 16:11
sort of prog rock also...these guys are tremendous musicians ...thanks Ivan !
IvanMC Wrote:F. Gambale, S. Clarke, S. Jordan. The new band The Aristocrats, though if they play jazz, it's just a pinch of it
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
|
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|