Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Story Behind The Song
request for our "beatle-man, Gryphon:

most of the "white album" has always intrigued me as to the tracks 'true meanings'....not the Manson interpretations, so how about doing a whole thread on the meanings of the WA tracks from start to finish...if you cant find the time maybe you can explain the following ones for me and whoever else may be interested, otherwise the three below will be fine for now, thanks.
alternatively, how about a thread called "deciphering the White Album" as you have the knowledge for it mate!

1.Helter Skelter

2.Happiness Is A Warm Gun

3.Cry Baby,Cry.....probably my favourite WA track.
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Give me a bit of time and I;; try to go through them !
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown.
.............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
gryphon Wrote:Give me a bit of time and I;; try to go through them !

thanks Gryphon...no rush as i know you have a business to run
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Paul Simon's ' Mother and Child Reunion' -

The song is about the death of his family's dog, while the title has its origin in a chicken-and-egg dish called "Mother and Child Reunion" that Simon saw on a chinese restaurant's menu. James Benninghof writes that Simon predicts the title event, the "mother and child reunion," while the second verse describes the effect of what happened on "the strange and mournful day," but without making clear what it was.
Good story, Crazy ! It takes some of the mystique out of the title though when you find out it's only chicken and eggs !!!! lol
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
I just want to share my favorite song, Incomplete by Sisqo, behind this song is one of my special someone, she's the one that I really loved, that's why without her, my life is Incomplete.
good work.. I like your videos
The acoustic demo of "Born In The USA" will rip your lungs out it is so stark and damning. I always viewd it as an anthem to affirm I was correct in standing against the status quo, supporting diversity, understanding, and cooperation over the ron raygun era constant shouts of USA, USA, USA! It was comforting to someone who understood from a very early age that the USA practiced genocide against her Native Peoples, was the only nation to wage nuclear war, and is willing to do just about anything to feed the machine! Things have only gotten worse.

On a lighter note, I once heard that The Beatles' "Got To Get You Into My Life" was Paul's love song to smoking pot! Light 'em up!
You can live in staunch denile and mark me as your enemy, but I'm just a voice among the throng who want a brighter destiny, and say with me, "We are the New America!" -Greg Graffin
Really great thread. There are tons of songs that bring a memory to me. Mostly with sports or different stuff friends and I used to do.
Settle an argument, Thick as Thieves by the Jam what is the background to this song?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help in identifying song musiclango 2 683 13-12-2023, 15:05
Last Post: musiclango
  Omg check out this song rirr87 5 2,047 26-02-2023, 09:54
Last Post: JeromeD
  christmas song royalties CRAZY-HORSE 2 434 03-12-2022, 09:34
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Celestial bodies in song titles Ruby 275 51,401 24-06-2022, 12:03
  song titles featuring an animal in the title CRAZY-HORSE 54 8,557 24-06-2022, 11:54
  Challenger Deep , my new song rskiredj 1 768 07-05-2022, 12:26
  which rock song..... CRAZY-HORSE 2 395 07-03-2022, 12:02
  would love to hear an Eminem feat. Kah' Linda song soon rapmusiclover123 1 415 21-10-2021, 11:31
  Song for Ellen DeGeneres Musiclover1987 1 845 30-09-2021, 13:09
  This song it's crazy!!!!!!! danielwaiden 3 1,535 17-09-2021, 06:34