Posts: 9,643
Threads: 255
Joined: Jun 2010
03-02-2012, 15:56
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2012, 16:05 by Jerome.)
I like Caravanserai myself and when it comes to his more commercial stuff - the Zebop album is wonderful. Listen to his solo on 'I Love You Much Too Much' Another one to check out is 'Blues for Salvador' and the track 'Bella' - written for his daughter is one of his best pieces.
here you go -
http://youtu.be/r53-tvZZS3I
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Posts: 289
Threads: 13
Joined: Jan 2012
Oh yeah i've heard that one, it's really a great album as well, i especially love the tracks Guru's Song and Oneness
Posts: 289
Threads: 13
Joined: Jan 2012
I love all those tracks especially Blues for Salvador, i rank it right up there with Europa as one of his best instrumentals, if you like those tracks, i can warmly recomend listening to revelations from the Festival allbum
Posts: 564
Threads: 38
Joined: Jul 2011
Soft Machine's "Third"
I don't really like fusion, it just seems like a bunch of keyboard wank to me
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
Check out Bitches Brew by Miles Davis !!!!! and Weather Report ...great jazz fusion !
mtthwibrahim Wrote:Soft Machine's "Third"
I don't really like fusion, it just seems like a bunch of keyboard wank to me
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 9,643
Threads: 255
Joined: Jun 2010
danielkr94 Wrote:I love all those tracks especially Blues for Salvador, i rank it right up there with Europa as one of his best instrumentals, if you like those tracks, i can warmly recomend listening to revelations from the Festival allbum
Never heard this one, so it's something to look forward to. Thx.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Posts: 10
Threads: 1
Joined: Feb 2012
Are Spyro Gyra considered fusion? They're definitely my favorite.
Posts: 29,763
Threads: 8,842
Joined: Aug 2009
Road Dog Wrote:Are Spyro Gyra considered fusion? They're definitely my favorite.
no expert, but I think so
had forgotten all about them
good band
Posts: 10
Threads: 1
Joined: Feb 2012
I have all of SG's albums. Only saw them once, at the Indy Jazz Fest 5 or 6 years ago. They recently appeared in Carmel, IN but I didn't find out about it until after the show.
Posts: 29,763
Threads: 8,842
Joined: Aug 2009
all I have is
but I've heard others