Posts: 35,591
Threads: 3,573
Joined: Jul 2010
yoi think clementine is bizarre Jerome...?
try the Crazy Horse version of "she'll be comin' round the mountain" which is also on the album....now that is crap!
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 29,763
Threads: 8,842
Joined: Aug 2009
speaking of bizarre
I actually liked Clementine
I'm scared
what's happening to me
Posts: 9,643
Threads: 255
Joined: Jun 2010
Hang in there MH, I'm sending my therapist over.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Posts: 35,591
Threads: 3,573
Joined: Jul 2010
"americana" debuted at #34 in Australia this week, #16 in the UK,...cant find US or Canadian chart entry though?????
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 776
Threads: 135
Joined: Jan 2012
11-06-2012, 14:15
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2012, 14:19 by Mrrusty1.)
This is brilliant i love it i love it i love it
this shows that sir Neil can make a great rocking record from even the most banal of songs ( if we didnt all know this song for what it was originally , it could have been on any Neil Young album,, ) more please.. im going to get this album..
R_burke Wrote:[video=youtube;AqOrZP2EpNk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqOrZP2EpNk&feature=relmfu[/video]
Here's another song from the release
Posts: 776
Threads: 135
Joined: Jan 2012
what i have heard of this album so far i like a lot
Music Head Wrote:speaking of bizarre
I actually liked Clementine
I'm scared
what's happening to me
Posts: 776
Threads: 135
Joined: Jan 2012
[video=youtube_share;aoZEkk2VI_Y]http://youtu.be/aoZEkk2VI_Y[/video]
On the subject of Neil Young Mathew Sweet does a great version of cinamon girl
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
I wouldn't be surprised at all if it gets to the top or near the top in Canada!!!!...we love Neil even if it is a cover album!!!!!
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:"americana" debuted at #34 in Australia this week, #16 in the UK,...cant find US or Canadian chart entry though?????
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 238
Threads: 18
Joined: May 2012
I went to see this indie movie recently ( Hysteria) and there was a preview for a Neil Young documentary that looked super amazing! I cannot wait to see it, but they never said when it was being released.
Peace and Love,
Penny Lane
Breakfast with Myself
Art is the only thing you cannot punch a button for. You must do it the old-fashioned way. Stay up and really burn the midnight oil. There are no compromises. - Leonytne Price
Posts: 285
Threads: 31
Joined: Aug 2011
I agree Rusty1. It is amazing that Neil took standard American songs, true "roots" music, and made them all sound like Neil songs! I pre-ordered the album, and was not dissapointed... but then again, my musical tatse is not in my mouth, and I follow no corporate or critical lead for my musical choices!
You can live in staunch denile and mark me as your enemy, but I'm just a voice among the throng who want a brighter destiny, and say with me, "We are the New America!" -Greg Graffin