Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
NEIL YOUNG & CRAZY HORSE "americana"
#11
yoi think clementine is bizarre Jerome...?

try the Crazy Horse version of "she'll be comin' round the mountain" which is also on the album....now that is crap!
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#12
speaking of bizarre
I actually liked Clementine
I'm scared
what's happening to me
Reply
#13
Hang in there MH, I'm sending my therapist over.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Reply
#14
"americana" debuted at #34 in Australia this week, #16 in the UK,...cant find US or Canadian chart entry though?????
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.


Reply
#15
This is brilliant i love it i love it i love it
this shows that sir Neil can make a great rocking record from even the most banal of songs ( if we didnt all know this song for what it was originally , it could have been on any Neil Young album,, ) more please.. im going to get this album..

R_burke Wrote:[video=youtube;AqOrZP2EpNk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqOrZP2EpNk&feature=relmfu[/video]

Here's another song from the release
Reply
#16
what i have heard of this album so far i like a lot
Music Head Wrote:speaking of bizarre
I actually liked Clementine
I'm scared
what's happening to me
Reply
#17
[video=youtube_share;aoZEkk2VI_Y]http://youtu.be/aoZEkk2VI_Y[/video]
On the subject of Neil Young Mathew Sweet does a great version of cinamon girl
Reply
#18
I wouldn't be surprised at all if it gets to the top or near the top in Canada!!!!...we love Neil even if it is a cover album!!!!!
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:"americana" debuted at #34 in Australia this week, #16 in the UK,...cant find US or Canadian chart entry though?????
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Reply
#19
I went to see this indie movie recently ( Hysteria) and there was a preview for a Neil Young documentary that looked super amazing! I cannot wait to see it, but they never said when it was being released.
Peace and Love,
Penny Lane
Breakfast with Myself


Art is the only thing you cannot punch a button for. You must do it the old-fashioned way. Stay up and really burn the midnight oil. There are no compromises. - Leonytne Price
Reply
#20
I agree Rusty1. It is amazing that Neil took standard American songs, true "roots" music, and made them all sound like Neil songs! I pre-ordered the album, and was not dissapointed... but then again, my musical tatse is not in my mouth, and I follow no corporate or critical lead for my musical choices!
You can live in staunch denile and mark me as your enemy, but I'm just a voice among the throng who want a brighter destiny, and say with me, "We are the New America!" -Greg Graffin
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Neil Young & The Chrome Hearts - "talkin to the trees" CRAZY-HORSE 2 2,088 15-06-2025, 02:39
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Neil Young - "chrome dreams" CRAZY-HORSE 2 1,525 26-08-2023, 12:11
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SONG: Chris Stapleton - White Horse Music Head 0 730 04-08-2023, 11:53
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Molina, Talbot, Lofgren & Young - "all roads lead home" CRAZY-HORSE 10 3,624 24-04-2023, 11:24
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW SINGLE: Neil Young & Crazy Horse - "chevrolet" CRAZY-HORSE 0 1,018 19-11-2022, 13:15
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SINGLE: Neil Young & Crazy Horse "break the chain" CRAZY-HORSE 1 1,124 24-10-2022, 21:05
Last Post: Ruby
  NEW ALBUM: Neil Young & Crazy Horse "toast" CRAZY-HORSE 9 2,446 26-07-2022, 08:30
Last Post: JeromeD
  NEW SONG: Neil Young & Crazy Horse "standing in the light of love" CRAZY-HORSE 0 827 02-07-2022, 08:26
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SONG: Neil Young & Crazy Horse "timberline" CRAZY-HORSE 0 731 02-07-2022, 08:23
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Neil Young & Crazy Horse "barn" CRAZY-HORSE 2 1,124 02-01-2022, 23:11
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE

Forum Jump: