quite a few border lines though
1.4 from me and a converted 2.7 from allmusic

artist web site - http://www.alkalinetrio.com/

from the album - I Wanna Be A Warhol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7trRQX0XP9k

released Apr 2nd

[Image: MI0003513604.jpg?partner=allrovi.com]

Bio - from allmusic

Formed by ex-Jerkwater and Traitors drummer Matt Skiba (vocals/guitar), former 88 Fingers Louie
percussionist Glenn Porter, and Rob Doran (bass/vocals), Alkaline Trio was brought together in
1997 by heartbreak, angst, and the companionship of drinking. The original lineup issued a
short EP, For Your Lungs Only, just prior to Doran's departure in late 1997, and Sundials
followed one year later on Johann's Face Records. Slapstick's Dan Andriano climbed aboard to
handle bass duties, adding a complementary voice and songwriting style to Skiba's that would
soon become the group's signature dynamic. The three then started making a name for themselves
all throughout the Midwest with their emotion-fueled, angst-ridden, dark pop-punk. With this
lineup firmly in place -- and with Skiba and Porter working as bike messengers to make ends
meet -- Alkaline Trio made its full-length debut in 1998 with Goddamnit!, an album whose
heartbreak tales and anti-cop rants earned a modest following.

Both Maybe I'll Catch Fire and a self-titled singles collection followed in early 1999. Glenn
Porter left the band early the following year and ex-Smoking Popes drummer Mike Felumlee joined
in his absence, making Alkaline Trio a three-piece again. From Here to Infirmary arrived on the
Vagrant label in spring 2001 and was met with a lukewarm fan response, but a split EP released
by Jade Tree one year later found the Trio in top form alongside Hot Water Music, with both
bands contributing original tracks and covers of each other's songs. Good Mourning was released
two years later, marking the band's first album with drummer Derek Grant (ex-Suicide Machines,
Thoughts of Ionesco). Good Mourning fared well, grazing the Billboard charts and scoring
Alkaline Trio several spots on late-night TV and summer tours. Crimson followed in 2005 and
prompted the band to return to the road that summer, both as a headliner and as an opening act
for My Chemical Romance.

As their 10 year anniversary approached, Alkaline Trio hit the road in 2006 with a set that
emphasized material from their earliest releases, including an entire run-through of the fan-
favorite Goddamnit! By that fall, they'd also found a new home at V2 Records and began work on
their next album, although label restructuring problems in January 2007 led to the band's
dismissal from the label before any material was released. That same month, Vagrant issued a
CD/DVD compilation named Remains, which rounded up B-sides and rarities, and the Trio used
their downtime to secure new home with Epic Records. They also worked on a new album, Agony &
Irony, which was relesed that summer and debuted at number 13, marking Alkaline Trio's highest
chart placement to date. Despite such success, the band left Epic's roster one year later and
launched their own label, Heart & Skull, which they used for the release of This Addiction in
2010. The following year the band released their eighth album, Damnesia, which featured
acoustic renditions of some of the bands most beloved songs, as well as a pair of new tracks.
In 2013, Alkaline Trio returned with My Shame is True, featuring production from The
Descendants' Bill Stevenson.

Album Review - from allmusic

For a journeyman punk-pop band like Alkaline Trio, who have been making melodic, angst-ridden,
infectious rock since the late '90s, the band's 2013 album, My Shame Is True, is something of a
revelation. Primarily, that revelation is that a band whose songcraft and musicianship might
easily have plateaued by now is still bounding ever upward. To put it simply, this album is
bonkers good. Produced with a searing, robust intensity by musician Bill Stevenson -- whose own
band, the Descendents, laid the groundwork for just the kind of punk-pop music Alkaline Trio
have built their career around -- My Shame Is True brings together all of the band's most
commercial and personal inclinations to bear on some of the best songs of its career. While
naming the album with a cheeky reference to Elvis Costello's classic 1977 debut, My Aim Is
True, might seem like a bold move by a band clearly indebted to Costello's own superbly crafted
punk-era guitar pop, My Shame Is True quickly dispenses with any irony, and reveals itself to
be a great album on its own terms. Anchored by such infectious anthems as the satirical and
romantic opening call to arms, "She Lied to the FBI," and the lust-ridden "I Wanna Be a
Warhol," in which Matt Skiba's romantic and sexual obsession takes on iconic proportions, My
Shame Is True is an unabashed rock masterstroke for the band. It's as if Alkaline Trio have
packed over a decade's worth of experience, passion, and heartache into one disc, and in the
process, figured out a way to balance the sprawling, open-wound emotionality of their early
punk albums with their mid-career discovery of pristine songwriting craftsmanship. Sure,
Alkaline Trio did not attempt to break the usual guitar-bass-drums-vocals mold of pop-punk.
They simply deliver track after track of airtight, wide-eyed rock that digs its fingers into
your soul for 40 minutes and does...not...let...go.

Track Listing

1. She Lied To The FBI
2. I Wanna Be A Warhol
3. I'm Only Here To Disappoint
4. Kiss You To Death
5. The Temptation Of St. Anthony
6. I, Pessimist
7. Only Love
8. Torture Doctor
9. Midnight Blue
10. One Last Dance
11. Young Lovers
12. Until Death Do Us Part

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Alkaline Trio - Blood, Hair, And Eyeballs Music Head 0 216 11-02-2024, 12:11
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Dream Syndicate "ultraviolet hymns & true confessions" CRAZY-HORSE 0 239 10-06-2022, 12:23
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Enter Shikari "nothing is true & everything is possible" CRAZY-HORSE 0 412 14-05-2020, 00:14
  NEW ALBUM: Alkaline Trio - Is This Thing Cursed? Music Head 1 1,039 18-09-2018, 12:42
  Avett Btothers "true sadness" CRAZY-HORSE 11 2,721 08-07-2016, 05:00
Last Post: Lovely Linda
  What is the true definition of Alternative Rock today? sho69607 0 921 05-01-2016, 01:44
Last Post: sho69607
  Music video based on a true fisherman story Nellson 0 516 06-11-2014, 00:08
Last Post: Nellson
  Alkaline Trio - This Addiction Music Head 0 712 25-02-2010, 01:55
Last Post: Music Head